Elevate is a project initiated by the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of the UK. You can find out more about the Bahá'í Faith in the UK on the official website. Elevate is a resource to support a movement of growing spiritual consciousness for all people from all religious and cultural backgrounds. The goal is to encourage elevated conversations, collective worship and actions in our communities and neighborhoods which can slowly change our lives for the better.
Elevate's weekly collections make it simple and easy to invite friends to an uplifting online space where inspirational material can be shared. Download the material, host a Zoom call and enjoy a beautiful moment with friends and loved ones.
1. To get started, download a collection which connects to your heart. Our collections are provided in PDF format to be universally accessible. A PDF reader will be needed to view and share these collections; an internet browser can also be used, but might make things difficult.
2. Open the PDF file to check it's working, then open Zoom and invite your friends for a call.
3. Share your screen of the PDF window. Look for "Full Screen Mode" under the "View" menu. Alternatively, press "Ctrl + L" on your keyboard if you're using Adobe Acrobat, "Ctrl + F" on your Mac, or "F11" if you're on your Internet browser.
4. Use the arrow keys to navigate pages of the collections.
5. To exit full screen mode, press "Esc" or the same combination used to enter full screen mode. Remember to stop screen sharing on Zoom.
If you're still a little unsure, take a look at the video tutorials below which should give you better idea of what this process looks like in action!
Hosting on a Mac.
Step 2 starts at 0:46; Step 3 starts at 01:30
Hosting on a Windows.
Step 2 starts at 01:09; Step 3 starts at 02:09